How do you get a small knot out of string?
How to Untie Shoelace or String Knots
- Pull gently on 1 end of the knotted string.
- Try to push some slack into the knot.
- Soak the knot in water.
- Chew on the knot.
- Loosen the knot with a fork.
- Twist the knot loose with a corkscrew.
- Pick the knot open with 2 safety pins.
How do you keep embroidery from coming undone?
Thread a needle with the same floss color. Use that threaded needle to secure the back of the stitches by wrapping the threads around the remaining tail. This will keep the old thread from unraveling. Push your threaded needle to the front so you can re-embroider the stitches you have just removed.