What are the things that you need to prepare before cleaning the sewing machine?
What are the tools you need for cleaning the machine
- Sewing machine manual.
- Any brush ( even a makeup brush would do, but a brush with bendable handles would be great; I love to use small paintbrushes for cleaning as it reaches anywhere)
- A tweezer.
- A large upholstery needle or any sharp metal thingy.
Why do we need to maintain your sewing machine properly clean and oiled?
In order to maintain the machine and get the benefits of the machine in the long run, you should keep the machine oiled in regular intervals. There are too many internal parts in the machine and in order to keep the parts running efficiently, it is really imperative that you oil these parts regularly.
How will you keep the sewing machine functional and useful?
Maintenance Services to Keep Your Sewing Machine Functioning…
- Keep it covered up.
- Clean your machine after each sewing session.
- Oil parts at home.
- Replace needles frequently.
- Use the appropriate bobbins for your machine and make sure they’re wound correctly.
- Take it in for an annual/biannual checkup.