Is Warm Up America accepting donations?
If you’d like to get involved, you can donate completed knit or crochet blankets, hats, scarves, gloves, and baby clothing, as well as the 7” x 9” blanket panels that WUA! is most known for. They also accept (and need) monetary donations (which have the added benefit of being tax-deductible).
Can hats be donated?
Once again, we accept new and old accessories as long as they are in good condition. Common items donated include: Shoes, belts, handbags, and briefcases. Hats, gloves, scarves, and ties.
What is the best yarn to use for chemo caps?
1. If at all possible, please use cotton yarn or a cotton blend with acrylic or bamboo (100% bamboo yarn is also good). Even the inexpensive Sugar ‘N Cream or Peaches & Cream yarns make good chemo caps, especially if you can use 8 or 9 size needles.
What do chemo patients wear on their heads?
Many people who lose their hair due to chemotherapy or other breast cancer treatments discover that scarves and hats are the easiest, most comfortable, and versatile head coverings. Scarves and hats can hide your hair loss, help keep you warm, and protect you from the sun.
Where can I donate knitted squares?
Warm Up America requests donations of 7″ x 9″ squares, along with completed afghans, baby and lap blankets, or any other items that can help keep people warm.
What items should not be donated?
25 Things You Should NEVER Donate
- Dirty clothes/linens.
- Ripped clothes/linens.
- Stained clothes/linens.
- Smelly clothes/linens.
- Especially wrinkly clothes.
- Cut off jeans. These items are commonly donated, but they are not commonly sold. …
- Shoes that are scuffed up/ have holes.
- Shoes that smell.
What items does goodwill not accept?
Donations Goodwill CANNOT Accept
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, or missing parts. …
- Bean bag chairs.
- Sleeper sofas.
- Due to the Digital TV Transition, Goodwill will only take flat-screen tvs.
- Excessively large/bulky items such as swing sets, swimming pools, unbound carpeting, etc.
Where can I donate knick knacks?
Knick-Knacks, Tchotchkes, Lamps, etc.
- Vietnam Veterans of America.
- American Red Cross.
- Salvation Army.
- Habitat Humanity ReStore.
- Take trophies back to local trophy store, where than can be ‘reused’ for charitable organizations.